Drug and alcohol addiction can negatively impact every aspect of your life, from your health and safety to your most important relationships and beyond. Living with an untreated substance use disorder (SUD) can disrupt everything important in your life. Drugs and alcohol can quickly become your primary focus while everything else fades into the background.
Seeking treatment for substance abuse and addiction is crucial. The sooner someone recognizes the signs of a substance use disorder, the sooner they can get life-saving treatment and support.
Each person has unique needs and goals in recovery. Addiction treatment is offered in many settings and several levels of care to meet a wide range of different needs. Finding the right level of care to help you address the physical, emotional, and environmental aspects of your addiction is key.
Partial care addiction treatment programs–sometimes known as partial hospitalization programs or day treatment programs–are one level of care in addiction treatment. Partial care programs offer intensive treatment while allowing people to continue living at home.
Understanding what to expect from a partial care addiction treatment program in New Jersey can help you make informed decisions about your care and give you confidence when seeking treatment. Reach out to the specialists at the Living Room now to learn more about our supportive treatment programs or to schedule an intake assessment.
Which Level of Addiction Treatment is Right For Me?
The level of care you require to overcome substance use depends on many factors, including your physical and mental health, history of addiction treatment, and more. Before starting a treatment program, your doctor or addiction specialist will evaluate your needs and recommend a level of care to best meet your needs.
The evaluation will consist of:
- Questions about your mental and physical health
- Questions about your substance use and history of addiction treatment
- Family history of addiction
- Physical examination
- Lab testing
Inpatient or residential treatment may be necessary if you have intense cravings, co-occurring mental health conditions, a long-lasting addiction, or other conditions requiring intensive care. People often begin treatment in an inpatient program and then move to an outpatient level of care after stabilization.
What to Expect From a Partial Care Addiction Treatment Program in New Jersey
Partial care programs are an intensive level of treatment that provides high levels of support, supervision, and treatment but allow people to return home in the evenings. Each program has its own schedule, but patients in a partial care program typically spend five or more hours each weekday participating in treatment activities, including:
- Medication management
- Mental health treatment
- Individual counseling
- Cognitive-behavioral therapies
- Coping skills practice
- Family therapy
- Group therapy
- Relapse-prevention education
Some people may be able to continue working or attending school while participating in a partial care addiction treatment program in New Jersey. However, this level of care can be very intensive and requires a lot of time and energy.
Things to Know Before Beginning a Partial Care Program
Partial care programs provide valuable treatment and structure for people living with addiction. Recovering from addiction requires a lot of dedication and commitment, and understanding what to expect from treatment can help people stay committed to the process, even when it feels very challenging.
Here are some things to consider before beginning treatment in a partial care program:
- Participating in a partial care addiction treatment program will be time-consuming. You will spend several hours per day, every day during the week, engaging in intensive therapies. While some people may continue to work while receiving treatment in a partial care program, many people find that they need to focus solely on recovery during this period.
- You will be responsible for getting yourself to and from daily treatment sessions. Plan for how you will get to treatment and what you will need to do to prepare to be away from home all day, every day. This may include things like planning for child care, arranging for rides to and from the treatment facility each day, or navigating public transportation.
- Your course of treatment will likely change as you progress in recovery. Your treatment team will regularly re-evaluate your needs and adjust your treatment plan as needed. You may begin to develop an aftercare plan during treatment. Learn about local community resources you can utilize after your treatment program finishes.
- Your insurance will likely cover some or all of the costs associated with a partial care addiction treatment program in New Jersey. Verify the details of your specific plan before starting treatment to avoid unanticipated out-of-pocket expenses. If you do not have insurance, talk to the specialists at your treatment facility to learn about alternative payment methods for the care you need.
Before beginning treatment, visit the treatment facility and ask any questions you may have. The more you know about the program, the more confident and committed to the treatment you’ll be.
Find a Partial Care Addiction Treatment Program in New Jersey
If you or someone in your life lives with substance abuse or addiction, you are not alone. Reach out to the dedicated specialists at the Living Room now to learn about our holistic, high-quality addiction treatment programs or to schedule an intake assessment.